Tuesday 29 November 2011

S5 Body - Review

Hi Loves!

S5 Body is an all natural, homemade soap company.
My first initial thoughts on these soaps were pretty good, I thought they lathered okay and left a clean feeling on my hands, but I was very disappointed that they left absolutely no smell on my hands whatsoever, so unless you were smelling the bar itself you weren't getting much scent out of the product. During my first thoughts on the soap I was simply using it on my hands in the soap, but afterwards I tried it on my arms in the shower (since I never use bar soap on my body, I find it to be unsanitary & kind of yucky -personal opinion, don't hate me for it, haha) I found that it left my skin feeling kind of tight & strange, forcing me to rinse it with my bodywash afterwards. I also found that it didn't lather as well in the shower as it did in the sink, I assume it is because you rub the soap in your hands a bit more vigorously than you would your body in the shower. And again it left behind no scent on my skin which I am not a fan of, which I was later told by the owner was because he uses escential oils so the scent doesn't linger. Although I have tried quite a few essential oils, especially lavender and they lingered, so I'm not sure why.
Ingredients are listed on the label of the soap itself which is always a plus, I have posted pictures of each individual soap below showing packaging, labels and ingredients.
These soaps range in price from $5 to $5.50 (USD) for a full six ounce bar, and $2 for a sample size which I believe is 2oz. And shipping isn't noted on the website (or at least I couldn't find it) so I am not 100% sure of the price.
I personally have tried:
Citrus Burst- This one was my favourite of the 3. It has a lovely citrus scent, not overly powerful but still very fresh. Also has kind of a 'natural' scent undertone, all of these soaps have it, if you've ever used natural soaps before you probably know the scent I mean.
Descibed as: Tangerine, orange, lemon and grapefruit oils




Creamsicle- I was sort of disappointed by this one. I expected it to smell a lot more yummy than it did, but it still smelled fine, it wasn't a terrible scent or anything just not what I was expecting from 'creamsicle'.
Described as: Orange with vanilla oil





Tea Tree- There isn't a great deal to say about this scent, it is as it describes, tea tree. If you have never smelled Tea Tree oil before it is kind of a hard scent to describe, it is kind of strong usually but not as bad in this soap. Tea Tree is known for it's antifungal, antibacterial & many other great properties.
Described as: "just tea tree oil in this bar."





Conclusion: If you are a fan of all natural bar soaps, &/or mild scents you would enjoy these.
 If you prefer more noticable, long lasting scented products, you may not enjoy these as much.




You can find these soaps at:
www.s5body.com
www.facebook.com/s5body


xox
Cassandra





No comments:

Post a Comment