Thursday 21 February 2013

Beauty Box 5 Unboxing & Review

Hi loves!

I got my first ever Beauty Box 5 in the mail a couple days ago. If you aren't familiar with BB5, it's a recurring monthly subscription service. For $12 a month you receive 5 beauty samples shipped right to your door. If you sign up for a yearly subscription you save, and each box will work out to be $8.


In this Beauty Box 5 there were some great products including 3 full sized, I was really impressed. All of the samples were very good sizes, no foil packets thankfully. I also discovered a lot of new brands that I may have never of otherwise heard about.


The box included

Jean Pierre Cosmetics Exfoliating Cleansing Pads with Microbeads
Purse sized travel pack
Full sized product - $1.99 for 16 pads

I found these pads were okay at removing face makeup, but didn't do well with eye makeup & kinda burned my eyes a bit, even though they are said to be safe for eyes. I'll continue to use them on my face but not eye area.

Ofra Cosmetics 3D Loose Shadow in "Diamond Glitz"
Full sized product - $19.90 for 0.14oz fl /4g
Loved this shadow! It is such a beautiful duochrome with shifts of green and brown, in a nice big container with sifter.



Blinc Mascara
Full sized- 0.21 oz/6 g  $26.00
Sample size- 0.02 oz/0.7 g  $2.48

Claims to be a tubing mascara that bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. With all these claims I had high expectations, and it actually lived up to most of them! It didn't smudge, clump or flake, and loved the way it made my lashes look! The only thing I didn't like was that it made my lashes hard and stiff, it kinda hurt to press on them, other than that I loved in and am considering buying the full sized if I can eliminate the uncomfortable stiffness, possibly with a lash primer.


Bodyography Face Primer - Clear
Full sized- 1oz/30g $30.00
Sample size- 15ml $15.00

This foundation primer is said to smooth out skin for a flawless foundation application. I gave it a whirl and the first thing I noticed was the scent, it has a very strong perfume-like scent that I didn't particularly care for in a face product. It absorbed quickly and made for a nice smooth face.



Model Co Shine Ultra lipgloss in "Strip Tease"
Full sized product - $16

My favorite product in the box! I love this lipgloss! It is such a smooth consistency, super shiny, not at all sticky and gives a pretty light wash of color. It has a light fruity scent, strawberries come to mind, so yummy. The side of the tube has a long mirror that makes it great for applying on the go.



The only thing I wish was included would be a product list card. Most subscription boxes that I've tried have a list of the products included in the box, the price of the full sized product and occasionally even how much the sample size is worth. This is a super convenient thing to have included because it lets you know what the box's contents are worth, and what kind of deal you're getting by purchasing the box. It's also super helpful for bloggers/vloggers who like to review the box's contents.

Hope you enjoyed!

You can find Beauty Box 5 at:

xox
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment